Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Change of Plan

Northwest Float Plane lands at Blind Channel Resort

Boaters cruising through the Broughtons know that cell phone coverage is spotty and we had been out of contact for a couple of days. Just as our phones came to life among the Broughtons, we received a call from our son who informed us that my mother had passed away. It was a shock and unexpected. She was 94 years old, and I am thankful that she was able to live on her terms in her own home, still drove her car, and enjoyed working around the house. She went quickly as she had wished.

The challenge for us was to quickly get me to her home. where my brother was awaiting my arrival. We motored to Blind Channel Resort, where there is float plane service and spent the night. It just so happened that Mark and Danielle were at Blind Channel as well, so we had a nice dinner together. 

My Ride Arrives at Blind Channel Resort
Leonard left with our boat early in the morning to start the journey back to our home port of Anacortes, and I took a Northwest float plane from Blind Channel to Renton, Washington. I think mother would have been pleased that I enjoyed the flight.














At Renton our son and daughter-in-law met me for dinner and then took me to Sea-Tac Airport where I flew out to Portland, OR. My brother picked me up at the airport and we drove to mother’s house. It had been a long day with more long days ahead. Having contingency plans is always a good idea when out boating. You never know what needs might arise.



Wishing all our boating compatriots good times on the water and in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment